Canine parvovirus is highly resistant to commonly used disinfectants and can survive in feces for months to years.View details
Canine Distemper Virus (CDV) belongs to the family Paramyxoviridae, the genus Measles virus, and is a single-stranded RNA virus. The natural genus of infection is canines and mustelids, which are mainly transmitted horizontally through the air and droplets.
Sick dogs are an important source of infection, and long-term detoxification through urine pollutes the surrounding environment; dogs of different ages, genders and breeds can be infected. This kit is used to detect canine distemper virus antigen in ocular secretions, nasal fluid and saliva.
Principle of Detection
Rapid immunochromatographic detection technology for the detection of canine distemper virus antigens. After adding the samples of eye secretions, nasal fluid and saliva to the sample wells, they move along the chromatographic membrane together with the colloidal gold-labeled anti-CDV monoclonal antibody. If the CDV antigen is present in the sample, it will bind to the antibody on the detection line (T) and display a wine red color. If no CDV antigen is present in the sample, no color reaction occurs.
Inclusions And Quantity
|Item NO.||CY-G010-1 (1 test)||CY-G010-10 (10 tests)||CY-G010-25 (25 tests)|
Storage conditions and Validity Period
Store at 2-30°C, valid for 24 months.
This kit is only suitable for the detection of ocular secretions, nasal fluids, and saliva samples.
Test samples Collect fresh samples and put them in the diluent immediately. The diluted samples should be tested as soon as possible within 1 hour.
If it cannot be detected in time, the diluted samples can be stored at 2-8°C for 24 hours and at -20°C for 1 month.
- Disposable cotton swabs were used to collect eye secretions, nasal fluids, and saliva samples. After collection, the samples were placed in the diluent and stirred for 1 min. The cotton swabs were taken out, the lids were tightened, and the samples were inverted and mixed.
- Tear open the aluminum foil bag of the test card, take out the test card, and place it on a flat and clean table.
- Pipette 3 drops (about 80 μl) of the diluted sample into the sample hole of the test card and wait for the test result.
- Wait 10-15 minutes at room temperature to interpret the test results, and the test results after more than 20 minutes are invalid.
- Remarks: The above interpretation time is carried out at room temperature of 15-30°C. If the temperature is lower than 15°C, the interpretation time should be appropriately extended; if the temperature is higher than 30°C, the interpretation time should be appropriately shortened.
Interpretation of Results
Negative: Within the detection window, only the control line (C) has a purple-red band.
Positive: Within the detection window, both the test line (T) and the control line (C) appear purple-red bands.
Invalid: In the detection window, the control line (C) does not appear purple-red band.
- A negative test result indicates that there is no canine distemper virus antigen in the test sample. If corresponding acute symptoms occur, canine distemper virus infection cannot be ruled out.
- The test result is positive surface test sample contains canine distemper virus antigen.
- Since canine distemper vaccines are usually attenuated vaccines, the virus may temporarily increase in the body during the immunization process and may show a positive reaction, which disappears 3-10 days after vaccination. Dogs treated with monoclonal antibodies may present false positives for a long time due to the production of secondary antibodies against monoclonal antibodies in their bodies.
- Invalid test results can be caused by a variety of reasons and should be re-tested.
Limitations of Detection Method
This kit can only detect whether there is canine distemper virus antigen in the tested sample.
The test results of this kit are for clinical reference only and are not used as a basis for diagnosis.
Sensitivity ≥ 95%
Specificity ≥ 97.5%
Precision: There are no more than one false negative and false positive judgment results within a batch; the color development of the test line and the control line between the three batch number test strips (cards) between batches should be uniform, and the color development between batches is not uniform. There is no more than one judgment result.
Stability: 2-30 ℃ unopened validity period of 2 years
- Please read the instructions carefully before the test. The various reagents provided by this product are only for this test.
- Products with expired or damaged aluminum foil bags cannot be used.
- If the kit is taken out under low temperature storage, it needs to be returned to room temperature before opening, and the opened test card should be used as soon as possible to avoid moisture, and it should not exceed 1 hour.
- Avoid touching the sample well on the test card and the chromatographic strip at the test window.
- The waste after the test should be regarded as pollutants and properly disposed of according to relevant local regulations.
Any questions about this product? Send us a message！
We will reply to you via email in 24 hours
Pet feces are an important sample for testing pet breeds and DNA, and it is convenient to use the sample test kit to collect your pet's biological ...View details
The pet DNA test kit uses the oral secretions of dogs and cats to test their DNA, which can identify their specific breed, age and physical conditi...View details