Feline Distemper, also known as Feline Panleukopenia or Feline Infections En-teritis, is a highly contagiousView details
Feline culexvirus (FCV) belongs taxonomically to the family Culexidae and genus Culex. The virus multiplies in the brain plasma, sometimes in a crystalline or bead-like arrangement. The virus is resistant to lipid solvents (ether, chloroform and deoxycholines); inactive at pH 3, stable at pH 4-5; inactivated at 50 degrees C for 30 minutes. The main manifestations are upper respiratory signs, i.e. mental depression, plasma and mucous rhinorrhea, conjunctivitis, stomatitis, tracheitis, and bronchitis with biphasic fever. Feline cupulovirus infection is a frequent disease in cats with high morbidity and low mortality. This feline calicivirus antigen test kit is used to detect feline culexvirus antigen in feline ocular, nasal and oral secretions.
Test principle of the Feline Calicivirus Antigen Test Kit
Rapid immunochromatographic assay technique for detection of feline culexvirus antigen. A sample obtained from the cat’s ocular, nasal and oral secretions is added to the spiked wells and moved along the chromatographic membrane together with a colloidal gold-labeled anti-FCV monoclonal antibody. If the FCV antigen is present in the sample, it binds to the antibody on the detection line (T) and shows a burgundy color. If FCV antigen is not present in the sample, no color reaction is produced.
The Feline Calicivirus Antigen Test Kit is able to detect Feline Calicivirus Antigen concentration, demonstrating quantitative results. The test serves only as an aid to the diagnosis. For professional use only.
For rapid screening of Feline Calicivirus in ocular, nasal and oral secretions of cats. (FCV).
Components of the FCV-Ag Test Kit
|CY-G002-1 (1 test)
|CY-G002-10 (10 test)
|CY-G002-25 (25 tests)
Storage conditions and Validity Period
Store at 2-30°C, valid for 24 months.
- This kit is only suitable for testing cat eye, nose and mouth secretion samples.
- The test sample is collected fresh and immediately put into the dilution solution, and the diluted sample should be tested as soon as possible within 1 hour.
- If the sample cannot be tested in time, the diluted sample can be stored at 2-8℃ for 24 hours and -20℃ for 1 month.
How to use Feline Calicivirus Antigen Test Kit
- A disposable swab was used to collect a sample of cat eye, nose and mouth secretion. After collection, the sample was put into the dilution solution and stirred, left for 1 min, removed the swab, tightened the cap and mixed upside down.
- Tear open the aluminum foil bag of the test card, remove the test card and place it on a flat, clean counter.
- Pipette 3 drops (about 80 μl) of the diluted sample into the spiked well of the test card and wait for the test result.
- Wait for 10-15 min at room temperature to read the test results, after 20 min the test results are invalid.
Note: The above reading time is at room temperature 15-30℃, if the temperature is lower than 15℃, the reading time should be extended appropriately; if the temperature is higher than 30℃, the reading time should be shortened appropriately.
Interpretation of Results
Negative: Within the detection window, only the control line (C) has a purple-red band.
Positive: Within the detection window, both the test line (T) and the control line (C) appear purple-red bands.
Invalid: In the detection window, the control line (C) does not appear purple-red band.
NOTE: Invalid test results can be caused by a variety of reasons and should be re-tested.
Sensitivity ≥ 95%
Specificity ≥ 97.5%
Precision: There are no more than one false negative and false positive judgment results within a batch; the color development of the test line and the control line between the three batch number test strips (cards) between batches should be uniform, and the color development between batches is not uniform. There is no more than one judgment result.
Stability: 2-30 ℃ unopened validity period of 2 years
Precautions for using the Feline Calicivirus Antigen Test Kit
- Please read the instructions carefully before the test. The various reagents provided by this product are only for this test.
- Products with expired or damaged aluminum foil bags cannot be used.
- If the kit is taken out under low temperature storage, it needs to be returned to room temperature before opening, and the opened test card should be used as soon as possible to avoid moisture, and it should not exceed 1 hour.
- Avoid touching the sample well on the test card and the chromatographic strip at the test window.
- The waste after the test should be regarded as pollutants and properly disposed of according to relevant local regulations.
You can request a quote or submit the order.
We will reply to you via email in 24 hours
The Feline Panleukopenia Virus Antibody Test Kit is used to detect antibodies to feline microvirus in whole blood, serum or plasma of cats.View details
The Feline Panleukopenia Virus Antigen Test Kit uses a rapid immunochromatographic detection technique for the detection of feline fever virus anti...View details
This kit detects feline infectious peritonitis antigen in feline feces or vomit and is used for screening and auxiliary diagnosis of feline infecti...View details