Feline Calicivirus Antibody Test Kit is used to detect antibodies to feline culexvirus in cats' whole blood, serum, or plasma.View details
Feline distemper, also known as feline panleukopenia and feline infectious enteritis, is an acute, highly contagious disease of cats. Clinical manifestations are characterized by sudden onset of high fever, intractable vomiting, diarrhea, dehydration, circulatory disturbances, and a dramatic decrease in white blood cells.
The virus can infect not only domestic cats but also other felines. Cats of all ages can be infected. In most cases, cats under 1 year of age are susceptible, with an infection rate of up to 70% and a mortality rate of 50%-60%, and a maximum mortality rate of 80%-90% in kittens under 5 months of age. This kit is used to detect feline microvirus antigens in feces and vomit of cats.
Test principle of the Feline Panleukopenia Virus Antigen Test Kit
The Feline Panleukopenia Virus Antigen Test Kit uses a rapid immunochromatographic detection technique for the detection of feline fever virus antigen. A sample obtained from cat feces and vomit is added to the spiked wells and moved along the chromatographic membrane together with a colloidal gold-labeled anti-FPV monoclonal antibody. If the FPV antigen is present in the sample, it binds to the antibody on the detection line (T) and shows a burgundy color. If FPV antigen is not present in the sample, no color reaction is produced.
Components of the FPV-Ag Test Kit
|Item NO.||Test Cassette||Diluent||Disposable Swab||Instruction|
|CY-G006-1 (1 test)||1 pc||1 pc||1 pc||1 pc|
|CY-G006-10 (10 test)||10 pcs||10 pcs||10 pcs||1 pc|
|CY-G006-25 (25 tests)||25 pcs||25 pcs||25 pcs||1 pc|
Storage conditions and Validity Period:
Store at 2-30°C, valid for 24 months.
- The FPV-Ag Test Kit is only suitable for testing cat feces and vomit samples.
- The test sample is collected fresh and immediately put into the dilution solution. The diluted sample should be tested as soon as possible within 1 hour.
- If the sample cannot be tested in time, the diluted sample can be stored at 2-8℃ for 24 hours and -20℃ for 1 month.
How to use Feline Panleukopenia Virus Test Kit
- Use disposable cotton swabs to collect cat feces and vomit samples, put the samples into diluent and stir, stand still for 1min, take out the cotton swabs, tighten the lid, and mix upside down.
- Tear open the aluminum foil bag of the test card, remove the test card and place it on a flat, clean counter top.
- Pipette 3 drops (about 80 μl) of the diluted sample into the spiked well of the test card and wait for the test result.
- Wait for 10-15 min at room temperature to read the test results, after 20 min the test results are invalid.
- Note: The above reading time is at room temperature 15-30℃, if the temperature is lower than 15℃, the reading time should be extended appropriately; if the temperature is higher than 30℃, the reading time should be shortened appropriately.
Interpretation of Results
Negative: Within the detection window, only the control line (C) has a purple-red band.
Positive: Within the detection window, both the test line (T) and the control line (C) appear purple-red bands.
Invalid: In the detection window, the control line (C) does not appear purple-red band.
NOTE: Invalid test results can be caused by a variety of reasons and should be re-tested.
Sensitivity ≥ 95%
Specificity ≥ 97.5%
Precision: There are no more than one false negative and false positive judgment results within a batch; the color development of the test line and the control line between the three batch number test strips (cards) between batches should be uniform, and the color development between batches is not uniform. There is no more than one judgment result.
Stability: 2-30 ℃ unopened validity period of 2 years
Precautions for using the Feline Panleukopenia Virus Test Kit
- Please read the instructions carefully before the test. The various reagents provided by this product are only for this test.
- Products with expired or damaged aluminum foil bags cannot be used.
- If the kit is taken out under low temperature storage, it needs to be returned to room temperature before opening, and the opened test card should be used as soon as possible to avoid moisture, and it should not exceed 1 hour.
- Avoid touching the sample well on the test card and the chromatographic strip at the test window.
- The waste after the test should be regarded as pollutants and properly disposed of according to relevant local regulations.
You can request a quote or submit the order.
We will reply to you via email in 24 hours
Feline coronavirus (FCoV) is a large family, of which enteric coronavirus (FECV) is prevalent in many catsView details