Oropharyngeal flocked swab with tube allows you to quickly store the sample in a sterile tube after it has been taken. This protects the sample from contamination and prevents it from leaking and infecting others.
In addition to being used to collect oropharyngeal samples for COVID-19 testing, it can also be used to collect human biological samples such as sweat, blood, semen and dander.
Material: 100% Medical Grade Nylon
Application: Collection of buccal/oral/oropharyngeal samples
In the context of the COVID-19 pandemic, oropharyngeal swabs have become the primary nucleic acid sample collection tool. As a quality swab, iClean® CY-98000 oropharyngeal nylon flocking swabs can take a large number of oropharyngeal samples in a short period of time with as little discomfort as possible.
Description of Oropharyngeal Flocked Swab with Tube
|Product Name||Oropharyngeal Flocked Swab with Tube|
|Item NO.||iClean® CY-98000T|
|Tip Material||100% Medical Grade Nylon|
|Swab Tip Length||22mm|
|Swab Tip Diameter||4.8mm±0.2mm|
|Packing||Individual Sterile Package|
Features of Oropharyngeal Swab with Tube
- The nylon swab tip is covered with large amounts of nylon fiber, which allows them to collect more samples than traditional winding fiber swabs.
- ABS handle(medical grade) ergonomic & anatomic design for comfortable and easy use.
- There are broken points on the flocked swab handle to help you process the sample more efficiently.
- Coreless swabs release samples into liquid media automatically, reducing residue.
- It has a variety of uses including rapid antigen testing, EIA, molecular-based assays, DFA, cytology testing, bacteriology, and virology culture.
- The label sticker on the test tube will help you remember the sample name and when it was taken.
- The tube body is transparent, which is helpful to observe the surface changes of samples intuitively.
- The unique casing design prevents samples from deteriorating due to humid conditions and prevents contamination of samples by airborne impurities.
- Casing design facilitates sample transportation.
How to Use Oropharyngeal Swab with Tube
Application: It is mainly used for the inspection of microbial samples collected from the lining of the mouth, throat and oropharynx.
- Have the subject hold his head up and open his mouth, and you can insert the swab into his oropharynx.
- The oropharyngeal flocking swab is taken through the tongue to the posterior laryngeal wall, tonsil crypt, sidewalls of the tonsils.
- Repeatedly wipe 3~5 times to collect mucosal cells.
- Take the flocking oropharyngeal swab out of the mouth slowly, put it into the sampling tube vertically, break off the tail of the oropharyngeal swab, and tighten the sampling tube to avoid leakage.
- Send it to the laboratory for inspection as soon as possible.
- After inserting the swab into the tube, you can snap it into the tube through the breakpoint.
- Finally, the lid needs to be tightened before transportation.
Any questions about this product? Send us a message！
We will reply to you via email in 24 hours