VTM allows the safe transfer of viruses, chlamydiae, and mycoplasma for further research and analytics. It is suitable for several applications ...View details
Viral Transport Medium(Inactivated) is designed for the inactivation of a variety of viruses, such as clinical 2019-nCoV, influenza, avian influenza, hand-foot-mouth, measles virus, norovirus, rotavirus and other virus specimens, and for the transportation of the virus nucleic acids.
The VTM is compatible with various viral nucleic acid extraction kits available on the market and can achieve seamless connection with downstream nucleic acid extraction.
Shelf Life: 12 months
VTM allows the safe transfer of viruses, chlamydiae, and mycoplasma for further research including classical cell culture methods, diagnostic testing, as well as molecular biology methods.
Product Specifications of VTM Kit
|Item NO.||Each Pack Contains|
|CY-A-F005-20||1 tube with 3 ml VTM (Inactivated) & 1 flocking swab & 1 specimen bag|
|CY-A-F005-30||1 tube with 5 ml VTM (Inactivated) & 1 flocking swab & 1 specimen bag|
|CY-A-F005-40||1 tube with 10 ml VTM (Inactivated) & 1 flocking swab & 1 specimen bag|
Note: For large-scale nucleic acid testing in non-risk areas during a pandemic, a large-volume viral transport medium that can fit 5 or 10 swab samples can significantly reduce testing costs.
Advantages of Viral Transport Medium & VTM Swab
1. High safety
- Virus lysis type buffer, containing a variety of virus inactivated components, highly effective inactivated virus can ensure the safety of transportation and detection personnel.
- Contains efficient virus lysis solution, which inactivates the virus immediately after sampling, effectively preventing the risk of secondary infection.
2. High stability
- The preservation solution contains RNase inhibitor to ensure the integrity of nucleic acid and prevent the occurrence of false-negative results. After sampling, there is no need for storage and transportation at 2-8℃, and storage at room temperature for 48 hours does not affect the quantitative results of nucleic acids. The nucleic acid in positive samples can still be detected after the virus is stored at room temperature for 7 days, which saves the cost of storing and transporting virus samples.
- The product can be stored at room temperature for 12 months before sampling, and for one week after sampling, with good airtightness, convenient storage and transportation and saving transportation costs.
3. Very convenient
- Inactivated virus preservation solution can quickly inactivate respiratory pathogens and make samples lose infectivity. The inactivated samples can be used with a variety of viral DNA/RNA extraction kits to quickly extract nucleic acid, and at the same time with the respiratory pathogen PCR detection kit to achieve rapid detection, the specificity and sensitivity are not affected.
- Our self-developed sample tube and flocking swab are combined to form a set of products, which not only increases the safety of operators but also ensures the stable adsorption and release of samples so that more samples can be collected by the same operation.
4. Flocking Swab (made of nylon)
This design ensures maximum adsorption and release of samples, and the same operation can collect more samples than other swabs.
In addition to the inactivated virus preservation solution mentioned above, there are also non-inactivated virus preservation solution. On the basis of Hanks solution, the non-inactivated virus preservation solution adds fungal antibiotics, BSA, cryoprotectant, biological buffer, amino acid and other components.
Any questions about this product? Send us a message！
We will reply to you via email in 24 hours
Only by preserving the collected samples in virus transport medium can the stability of the virus be maintained, thus helping the orderly execution...View details
For different testing purposes and testing requirements as well as different virus testing laboratory conditions, different virus transport media m...View details