DNA testing can help us prevent disease and give us a longer, healthier life.View details
The genetic history of disease families results from the inheritance of disease susceptibility genes so that DNA testing can detect these inherited susceptibility genotypes. Before performing a DNA test, you can use the buccal swab collection kit to collect a sample of your DNA.
DNA testing refers to the deciphering of the genetic code carried by the human body through molecular biology and is mainly used to predict the probability of an individual suffering from a certain disease in the future, usually by taking a drop of blood, oral mucosa or other tissue cells from the person being tested.
In addition to regular medical checkups, cancer screening is also included in people’s daily medical checkup lists. If there is a tool or instrument that allows us to do the sampling at home, wouldn’t it be much more convenient? The buccal swab collection kit allows you to collect DNA at home.
Components of Buccal Swab Collection Kit
- Buccal swab (nylon flocked swab): 2pcs
- Sample preservation solution: 2pcs
- Barcode sticker: 4pcs
- Return bag: 1pc
How to use Buccal Swab Collection Kit
1. Check that the package of the buccal swab is undamaged and remove the buccal swab, taking care not to let the DNA buccal swab come into contact with other items to avoid contamination.
2. Wipe the buccal area of the mouth with a cheek swab about 20 times to ensure that enough oral mucosa is collected.
3. Place the nylon flocked swab tip in the sample preservation solution and break the swab handle at the break point.
4. Do it twice to get two tubes with DNA sample.
5. Put a barcode on the return bag.
6. Fill in the information.
7. Put the tubes in return bag and seal it.
8. Send DNA samples to the laboratory.
9. Get a lab report.
Collecting human oral DNA is a safer way to collect DNA samples and therefore is widely accepted and very convenient for forensic identification.View details
The DNA Collection Kit includes sampling swabs and sample preservation tubes for improved usability.View details