The Canine Parvovirus Antigen Test Kit detects canine microvirus antigens in dogs' feces, rectum, and vomit.View details
Canine Parvovirus (CPV) belongs to the Parvoviridae family, the genus Parvovirus. Canine parvovirus is highly resistant to commonly used disinfectants and can survive in feces for months to years. Canine parvovirus is highly contagious and can be infected by dogs of different ages, genders and breeds, especially juvenile puppies.
Dogs infected with canine parvovirus have acute onset and high mortality. Clinical manifestations are vomiting and diarrhea. This kit detects parvovirus antibodies by detecting canine whole blood, serum or plasma.
Test principle of Canine Parvovirus Antibody Test Kit
The kit is made by the principle of colloidal gold immunochromatography. After the sample is added to the sample hole, it moves along the chromatographic membrane together with the colloidal gold marker. If there is CPV antibody in the sample, the detection line will display purple-red. If there is no CPV in the sample Antibodies do not produce a color reaction.
Components of the CPV-Ab Test Kit
|Item NO.||Test Cassette||Diluent||Disposable Swab||Instruction|
|CY-G007-1 (1 test)||1 pc||1 pc||1 pc||1 pc|
|CY-G007-10 (10 test)||10 pcs||10 pcs||10 pcs||1 pc|
|CY-G007-25 (25 tests)||25 pcs||25 pcs||25 pcs||1 pc|
Storage Conditions and Validity Period
Store at 2-30°C, valid for 24 months.
- This kit is only suitable for testing canine whole blood, serum or plasma samples.
- Test samples Collect fresh samples and should be tested as soon as possible within 1 hour.
- If not detected in time, whole blood, serum or plasma samples can be stored at 2-8°C for 3 days, and serum or plasma samples can be stored at -20°C for 1 month.
How to use the Canine Parvovirus Antibody Test Kit？
- Collect dog whole blood, serum or plasma samples, add the samples to the diluent after collection, tighten the lid, and mix by inversion.
- Tear open the aluminum foil bag of the test card, take out the test card, and place it on a flat and clean table.
- Pipette 3 drops (about 80 μl) of the diluted sample into the sample hole of the test card and wait for the test result.
- Wait 10-15 minutes at room temperature to interpret the test results, and the test results after more than 20 minutes are invalid.
Remarks: The above interpretation time is carried out at room temperature of 15-30°C. If the temperature is lower than 15°C, the interpretation time should be appropriately extended; if the temperature is higher than 30°C, the interpretation time should be appropriately shortened.
Interpretation of Results
Negative: Within the detection window, only the control line (C) has a purple-red band.
Positive: Within the detection window, both the test line (T) and the control line (C) appear purple-red bands.
Invalid: In the detection window, the control line (C) does not appear purple-red band.
- A negative test result simply means that there are no canine parvovirus antibodies in the test sample.
- The test result was positive surface test samples containing canine parvovirus antibodies.
- Invalid test results can be caused by a variety of reasons and should be re-tested.
Limitations of Detection Method
This kit can only detect whether there are canine parvovirus antibodies in the tested sample.
The test results of this kit are for clinical reference only and are not used as a basis for diagnosis.
Sensitivity ≥ 95%
Specificity ≥ 97.5%
Precision: There are no more than one false negative and false positive judgment results within a batch; the color development of the test line and the control line between the three batch number test strips (cards) between batches should be uniform, and the color development between batches is not uniform. There is no more than one judgment result.
Stability: 2-30 ℃ unopened validity period of 2 years
Precautions for using the Canine Parvovirus Antibody Test Kit
- Please read the instructions carefully before the test. The various reagents provided by this product are only for this test.
- Products with expired or damaged aluminum foil bags cannot be used.
- If the kit is taken out under low-temperature storage, it needs to be returned to room temperature before opening, and the opened test card should be used as soon as possible to avoid moisture, and it should not exceed 1 hour.
- Avoid touching the sample well on the test card and the chromatographic strip at the test window.
- The waste after the test should be regarded as pollutants and properly disposed of according to relevant local regulations.
Any questions about this product? Send us a message！
We will reply to you via email in 24 hours
Rapid immunochromatographic detection technology for the detection of canine distemper virus antigens. After adding the samples of eye secretions, ...View details
The Canine Coronavirus Antigen Test Kit is used to detect canine coronavirus antigens in the feces and rectum of dogs.View details