Feline Distemper, also known as Feline Panleukopenia or Feline Infections En-teritis, is a highly contagiousView details
Feline Coronavirus (FCoV) belongs taxonomically to the family Coronaviridae, the genus of coronaviruses. It mainly infects young cats and is transmitted through the gastrointestinal tract, and young cats often show signs of enteritis when infected. The infection is mostly recessive in adult cats and can be fatal if malignant. The infection is mostly recessive in adult cats and can be fatal if malignant. Affected cats and healthy cats with the virus can excrete a large amount of the virus through the fecal route, and cats recovering from the disease can still carry the virus in their bodies but will not cause the disease.
The FCoV Test Kit is used to detect feline coronavirus antigens in the feces and vomit of cats.
Cat coronavirus is weakly resistant to external physical and chemical factors and can be inactivated by most disinfectants.
Principle of Feline Coronavirus Test Kit
The Cat Coronavirus Test Kit uses a rapid immunochromatographic assay technique to detect feline coronavirus antigens. Samples obtained from cat feces and vomit are added to the spiked wells and moved along the chromatographic membrane with a colloidal gold-labeled anti-FCoV monoclonal antibody. If the FCoV ag is present in the sample, it binds to the antibody on the detection line (T) and shows a burgundy color. If the FCoV antigen is absent in the sample, the feline coronavirus test cassette does not produce a color reaction.
Components of the FCoV Ag Test Kit
|Cat No.||Test Cassette||Diluent||Disposable Swab||Instruction|
|CY-G004-1||1 pc||1 pc||1 pc||1 pc|
|CY-G004-10||10 pcs||10 pcs||10 pcs||1 pc|
|CY-G004-25||25 pcs||25 pcs||25 pcs||1 pc|
Storage Conditions and Validity Period:
Store at 2-30°C, valid for 24 months.
- The cat coronavirus test kit is only suitable for testing cat feces and vomit samples.
- The test sample should be collected fresh and put into the dilution solution immediately, and the diluted sample should be tested within 1 hour.
- If the sample cannot be tested in time, the diluted sample can be stored at 2-8℃ for 24 hours and -20℃ for 1 month.
How to Use Feline Coronavirus Test Kit
- Use disposable cotton swabs to collect samples of cat feces and vomit; stir the sample into the diluent, let it sit for 1 minute, then remove the swab, tighten the lid, and invert the tube to mix the sample with the diluent.
- Tear the aluminum foil bag of the test card, take out the test card, and put it on a flat, clean table.
- Draw 3 drops (about 80μl) of the diluted sample with a straw and add it to the well of the test cassette.
- Wait 10 to 15 minutes at room temperature before interpreting the test result. The test result after more than 20 minutes is invalid.
Note: The above interpretation time is carried out at room temperature 15-30℃. You should extend the interpretation time if the temperature is lower than 15℃. You should shorten the interpretation time if the temperature exceeds 30℃.
Interpretation of Results
Negative: Within the detection window, only the control line (C) has a purple-red band.
Positive: Within the detection window, the test line (T) and the control line (C) appear as red bands.
Invalid: In the detection window, the control line (C) does not appear purple-red band.
NOTE: Invalid test results can be caused by various reasons and should be re-tested.
Cat Coronavirus Test Kit Performance
Sensitivity ≥ 95%
Specificity ≥ 97.5%
Precision: There are no more than one false negative and false positive judgment results within a batch; the color development of the test line and the control line between the three batch number test strips (cards) between batches should be uniform, and the color development between batches is not uniform. There is no more than one judgment result.
Stability: 2-30 ℃ unopened validity period of 2 years
Precautions for Using the FCoV Test Kit
- Please read the instructions carefully before the test. The various reagents provided by this product are only for this test.
- You cannot use products with expired or damaged aluminum foil bags.
- If the kit is taken out under low-temperature storage, it must be returned to room temperature before opening. You should use opened test card as soon as possible to avoid moisture, and it should not exceed 1 hour.
- Avoid touching the sample well on the test card and the chromatographic strip at the test window.
- The waste after the test should be regarded as a pollutant and properly disposed of according to relevant local regulations.
You can request a quote or submit the order.
We will reply to you via email in 24 hours
Feline coronavirus (FCoV) is a large family, of which enteric coronavirus (FECV) is prevalent in many catsView details
The Feline Panleukopenia Virus Antibody Test Kit is used to detect antibodies to feline microvirus in whole blood, serum or plasma of cats.View details
The Feline Calicivirus Antigen Test Kit determines whether cats are healthy by testing their eye, nasal and oral secretions.View details