The full name of VTM is Virus Transport Medium, which is mainly used for collecting, transporting and storing biological samples.View details
The Viral Transport Medium is based on Hanks Balanced Salt Solution (HBSS) with Calcium and Magnesium and contains heat-inactivated Fetal Bovine Serum.
Huachenyang is a professional manufacturer of sampling swabs and single-use virus sampling tubes. The factory is located in Shenzhen, China, with a daily production capacity of more than 1 million sets, with aseptic filling technology and aseptic swab production technology.
Viral transport medium tube with swab
The virus transport medium (VTM) is manufactured in accordance with the recommendations of the World Health Organization and the CENTERS for Disease Control and Prevention.
The success of the diagnosis of SARS-CoV-2 (2019-nCoV) during the COVID-19 outbreak depends largely on the quality of the specimen and the conditions under which the specimen is transported and stored *before being processed in the laboratory.
VTM Swab Kit: nasal swab kit, throat swab kitt, oral swab kit
Features of Viral Transport Medium
- Viral Transport Medium (VTM) allows the safe transfer of viruses, chlamydia and mycoplasma for further research, including conventional cell culture methods, diagnostic tests, and molecular biology techniques.
- Commercially prepared viral transport media are available in a screw cap plastic tube containing buffered proteins (serum, albumin, or gelatin) and antibiotics. Antibiotics are usually incorporated into the viral transport media to suppress the growth of contaminating bacteria and fungi, so separate samples from the same site should be collected if bacterial or fungal cultures are also requested.
- The product is provided as a liquid in a sterile 13 ml flat bottom tube with or without a swab to provide a maximum range of possibilities to collect samples.
The VTM is available in 2 formats :
Without and with swabs.
Product specification of VTM tube
- Viral Transport Medium (VTM): CY-F005-20(3ml) – vials of 3 ml
- Viral Transport Medium (VTM) with swabs: CY-F005-20(3ml) – vials of 3 ml + nasal swabs
Any questions about this product? Send us a message！
We will reply to you via email in 24 hours
The preservation effect, limit of detection (LOD), microbial index, inactivation rate are the key indicators for determining the precision and sens...View details
The viral transport medium is designed for the inactivation of various viruses, such as 2019-ncov, influenza, and for the transportation of virus n...View details